Date: Saturday, August 24
Location: Downtown Big Rapids
Save the Date! Summerfest is back and bigger than ever!
Michigan Avenue will be blocked off and Summerfest takes over on all four city blocks. We have attractions for the entire family. Whether you like to watch street performers, try the free games at the Kids Zone, shop or check out the Muscle on Michigan Car & Bike Show, we have it all for you. Bangarang Circus from Grand Rapids will have aerialists performing 30 feet in the air and the Balsam Brothers playing in Pocket Park.
Best of all… it’s free of charge to the public thanks to our sponsors. Summerfest is a partnership between the Big Rapids Downtown Business Association and Ferris State University.
FSU student busses from 3pm- 6pm. Drop off point behind Chemical Bank.
List of Attractions:
- Bangarang Circus Aerial Show
- Bulldog Express Trackless Train
- Balsam Brothers perform live in Pocket Park from 12pm- 4pm.
- Downtown Scavenger Hunt
- Cran-Hill Ranch Rock Wall, Bounce House and Archery Tag
- Sidewalk sales
- Acoustic Open Mic at Quinn’s Music from 11am- 2pm
- Artworks artist demos and kids’ events
- American Red Cross Emergency Response Vehicle
- U.S. Marines Pull-up and Ammo Can Carry Challenge
- Salvation Army Bounce House and crafts
- JCPenney/ HOPE Network Kids Zone Crafts & Games
- Y102 live remote
- And finally, Phat Matt’s Food Trailer, Farmer Bob’s caramel corn and our downtown restaurants will make sure you don’t go home hungry.
For additional information please contact Rick Swinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsorships are still available.